Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't Try To Fix Me (a poem)

Don’t try to fix me
I am not broken
You’ll get a sprain
from that ego you strokin’

That horse you’re ridin’
May seem high
But my face still meets yours 
Eye to eye

You look at me
And what you see?
A projection of
Your personality…

From strokin' that ego
To beating my wall
I built it to last
You want it to fall

If you saw through the cracks
Shining light on me
Would you be afraid
Of what you see?

I am a mirror
To your soul
Clues to what’s under
The martyr you extol

Make me a distraction
So empty inside
Though relieved for a moment
Inner hunger unsatisfied.

Don’t try to fix me
I am not broken
You’ll get a sprain
from that ego you strokin’

Infinite directions
Our paths’ the same
The kinship you feel
Is from choosing this lane.

Look beyond
The problems you see
Maybe there you’ll find
...Humility...

(c) Acuminous (2012)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york